DEADLINE: Friday, April 7, 2017, 11:59pm
ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM
Step 1: Review the submission guidelines. A printable version is available here.
Step 2: Gather your work sample.
Step 3: Apply through the Online Submission Form.
Artists will be notified the status of their application by July 2017. Please do not call. If you have any questions, contact NURTUREart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We nurture the creative lives of emerging artists, emerging curators, and youth by providing support, resources, and platforms that help to strengthen and connect our dynamic communities in New York City and beyond. Artists working in video or film (that can be digitally transferred) are invited to submit artwork to be considered for our 2017 Single Channel Film Festival.
About Single Channel
Single Channel is a festival that screens video art and short film by 15–20 emerging and under-represented artists. The festival provides the context for single channel video work and short film to be screened outside of the gallery space in a more suitable context. Single Channel offers uninterrupted and undisturbed viewing and listening experiences to come to full fruition—acknowledging the exceptionality of video art and short film by presenting them on a large screen. Participants are selected through a free open call.
Single Channel will be screened in a theater off-site of NURTUREart in New York City. Additional screenings may also take place in professionally equipped indoor or outdoor theaters. Single Channel is collaboratively curated by NURTUREart staff and guest curators.
Eligibility & Requirements
• Artists may submit up to two (2) videos. Accepted formats are video art or film that has been digitally transferred.
• Ideally, full running time of the video should be between 3–15 minutes. We accept submissions that are longer in length, but give preference to work that is shorter.
• Submitted work must have been completed within the past five (5) years.
• All submissions must be available to view online during the application process. We do not accept digital files, DVDs, etc.
We try best to feature artists that align with our mission. Ware committed to:
• Presenting the work of emerging and under-represented artists.
• Artists making work in new and interesting directions.
• Subjects, styles, and approaches that are not well represented in commercial spaces or otherwise difficult to exhibit elsewhere.
• Artists who have a current practice making work in an ongoing dialogue in the contemporary arts are eligible to apply.
Online Application Form
In the Online Application Form, we will ask for:
• Contact Information
• Artist Resume: If you are applying as a collaborative group, please include one single document containing resumes of all of the artists and a history of collaboration where possible.
• Video Submissions: Follow guidelines below.
• Additional Information: Include any critical information—contextual or technical—for the jury to consider when reviewing your submission (limit 200 words).
Video Submission Guidelines
Provide weblink addresses to videos hosted by a third party (i.e. Vimeo, YouTube, etc.). Be sure that weblinks are active for at least four months after the deadline. Provide passwords for password-protected videos. We will not accept digital files, DVDs, etc.
• Submit up to two (2) video/audio clips.
• Indicate the cue time if your video is over 15 minutes long (i.e. start at 0:00 or 7:30).
• Start times for each clip should begin a segment that best represents your work.
• Provide passwords to password-protected videos if applicable.
• Captions should include: Title, Year, Original Format, Original Running Time.
Artists that are selected to participate in Single Channel will be asked to provide digital files to NURTUREart for inclusion in the festival.