The submission period for Videorover: Season 8 is now closed, and we will notify applicants shortly.
NURTUREart’s dedicated video program, Videorover aims at becoming an ever-expanding forum for emerging artists working in video.
This season we are seeking proposals that focus on video as installation. We are therefore encouraging submissions from video artists concerned with the many variables of how video content is reproduced and presented. We will consider how the video is engaged with the gallery space and its context, looking for works presented as installations, as well as ones referencing such issues internally, as part of the video’s own narrative and visual articulation.
Videorover: Season 8 will be exhibited in the main gallery space for a three week event during which different video-installations will be presented via separate openings. The selected works will be separated into smaller groups, with an emphasis on the co-activation of the space. In this respect, we are looking for work from artists that are interested in or open to the spirit of collaboration. After the formal exhibition, the videos will then move the the Videorover project space, where they will be displayed on a rotation of one video per day for the remainder of the season. For this reason, there should also be a version of the video, or a related work available for when the works move to the Videorover project space.
The subject matter of this call is open. Keep in mind that although we are dedicated to realizing these projects through creative institutional support, our budget and equipment is limited.
Deadline: April 21 at Midnight
Please read the rules and guidelines below before submitting:
1) If your work is more than 25 minutes in length, we ask that you submit an excerpt. If we would like to see the full length version, we will inquire directly.
2) In keeping with NURTUREart’s mission to show contemporary works by emerging artists, only video work that has been completed within the past five years is eligible for this exhibition.
3) If your work has been included in a Videorover program within the past two years (i.e.: Videorover 4, 5, 6 or 7) you are not eligible to apply.
4) No more than 3 videos can be submitted per artist or group.
5) All videos must be available to be viewed streaming online, we will not accept file transfers.
Follow the link below to submit, and be ready to include the following:
- up to 3 video links which demonstrate the work you would like to submit for the proposal
- a short description of what you would like to propose for the space and/or how the video will be presented (no more than 300 words)
- a link to your website (if available)
- a link to your bio/cv (if available online)
If you do not have a bio/cv online, please send a PDF version to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send all questions and concerns to email@example.com.